Hospitals & Healthcare Providers

  1. Hillsboro Area Hospital
  2. Springfield Clinic Hillsboro

Hillsboro Area Hospital


1200 East Tremont Street

History


The "new" Hillsboro Area Hospital became a reality on October 23, 1975, when the 100-bed facility was dedicated. The "old" Hospital originally opened its doors on February 22, 1915 on School Street and that building was subsequently torn down. Local communities raised funds for the "new" hospital. All industries, most professions and businesses, social, fraternal and civic organizations and individuals from all walks of life participated. Together, they met the financial requirements to complete the $2,355,000 project designed by HBE Architects.

Outpatient Clinic


In 1989 the Douglas-Telfer Outpatient clinic and adjacent physician's office buildings were opened on the hospital's campus.  The clinic building was dedicated to two local families of physicians who dedicated their lives to serving others.  The outpatient clinic building serves as offices for specialists, houses the Hillsboro Child Community Center daycare and provides classroom space for Lincoln Land Community College and Hillsboro High School health careers programming. Heartland Home Care occupies another office building on campus.

Assisted Living


In 2003, Tremont Ridge Assisted Living opened its doors. Tremont Ridge's mission is to provide a home-like environment that promotes aging in place.  The Special Care Cottage for dementia residents was opened in 2005.  Hillsboro Area Health Foundation and local communities came together again to help raise funds to support construction of this beautiful facility. Architects were Hart-Freeland-Roberts and Fuller Brothers Construction was the general contractor.