For a new resident the hardest part of moving can be just knowing who to call to get basic services. If you are a new resident, or plan to be, we hope this list of service providers will make your move easier. Not all of these services will apply to residents moving out of the city limits border.

Community Resource Guide

Cable Television, Internet, & Phone Services

Sparklight Business
Phone: 888-863-9928
Visit Website →

Consolidated Communications
Phone: 800-553-9981
Visit Website →

Frontier Internet
Phone: 855-668-5959
Visit Website →

Computer Techniques Inc. (CTI)
Phone: 217-608-0123
Visit Website →


Energy Service

Ameren Illinois
Phone: 800-755-5000
Visit Website →

Trash & Recycling

DC Waste
Phone: 217-532-3706



Water Service


Apply for Service

Water service for the Hillsboro area is supplied by the City from the Hillsboro area lakes. You may apply for Water and Sewer Service from the City of Hillsboro by visiting the water office located in City Hall at:

447 South Main Street
Hillsboro, IL 62049

Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.


Water Deposit (renters only) $150.00
Delinquent Account$40.00 off fee
$40.00 on fee
Water transfer/on/off fee$25.00
Water tap on fee$1,500.00
Sewer tap on fee$450.00




Utility Billing
Automatic Bill Payment is available for water and sewer customers.

Automatic Withdrawal Authorization Form


Rural Water Customers
Rural Water Customers should contact EJ Water by phone at 866-925-5566.