Sherwood Forest Campground has a waiting list for permanent camping sites and we are sorry but the list is currently at 97 people. If you would like to add your name to the list please call Hillsboro City Hall.
Sherwood Forest Campground
920 City Lake Road
Hillsboro, IL 62049
Sherwood Forest Campground, located at 920 City Lake Road, is situated in a wooded setting adjacent to Hillsboro Lake. There are 125 permanent campsites, 15 short term campsites, and two host sites. All sites have electrical and water hookups with a dump station available within the campground. There is a clean, well maintained shower house facility as well as another public comfort station available for campers and their guests. Other amenities include a covered stage, pavilions, and a playground.
- With air conditioning – $1,210
- With Sewer – $1,540
- With water and air conditioning – $550
- With water, air conditioning and sewer – $660
- Standard sites (7 days or more) – $150
- Tent camping – $100
- Standard sites – $30 – $45 Holidays and Special Events
- Tents – $25 – $35 Holidays and Special Events
Discounts on daily rates for senior citizens and individuals with a class 2 or 2A disability
A “Hero Discount” to active duty and reserve military, police officers and firefighters
- Camper storage only – $325
- Additional storage trailer (16′ and under) – $85 each
- Additional storage trailer (over 16′) – $135.00 each
Campers and additional trailers must be unplugged.
*For seasonal campers returning the following year